The keystone of Lasergene Genomics Suite, SeqMan NGen, is groundbreaking sequence assembly software that has the ability to assemble any size genome quickly and accurately on a desktop computer. SeqMan NGen also now offers the ability to run and manage NGS assemblies directly on the Cloud using DNASTAR Cloud Assemblies. SeqMan NGen assembles data from all major next-gen sequencing platforms, and provides an extremely easy-to-use interface that steps you through your sequence assembly and analysis project. SeqMan NGen is fully integrated with SeqMan Pro, so that once your assembly is complete, you can continue with downstream analysis including discovering SNPs and small indels using Bayesian statistical models, identifying large insertions and deletions, evaluating coverage, and annotating your consensus sequence. SeqMan NGen also aligns RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, and miRNA data, allowing easy, integrated, post-assembly analysis in ArrayStar of both gene expression and variant data.
- Project parameters are automatically optimized based on data and project type
- Multiple samples can be aligned against a single reference simultaneously for post-assembly variant comparison between individuals and groups of individuals
- Automatically annotate assembled transcripts from a de novo transcriptome assembly using DNASTAR's proprietary transcript annotation tool. Results can then be used as a reference set for RNA-Seq gene expression studies or sent to NovaFold for protein structure prediction.
- Automated gap closure available for bacterial genome assemblies
- Run and manage NGS assemblies directly on the Cloud using DNASTAR Cloud Assemblies
- SNP and genotype calling in haploid and diploid organisms performed using Bayesian statistical models
- Utilize DNASTAR's human variant annotation database, which bundles together data from dbNSFP as well as 1000 Genomes and ESP's Exome Variant Server, making variant analysis more convenient than ever.
- Structural variant report available for identifying large insertions and deletions as well as small indels in reference-guided alignments
- Depth of coverage graphs and reports, consensus annotation, and contig scaffolding offered for comprehensive project analysis and finishing