DNASTAR NovaFold is protein structure prediction software that is based on I-TASSER, the award-winning software package developed by Prof. Yang Zhang's laboratory at the University of Michigan. NovaFold utilizes the I-TASSER algorithms developed by Prof. Zhang that combine threading and ab initio folding technologies to build accurate, full 3D atomic models of proteins with previously unknown structures.
NovaFold can be run on the Cloud as an add-on to Protean 3D, or on a local server at your organization. For more information on NovaFold Local, please check out the NovaFold Local User Guide, the NovaFold Local technical requirements, or contact us.
“I recently had an opportunity to try NovaFold for several protein structure predictions. I was impressed by how well the predicted models fit my expectation. Visualization of the structures in Protean 3D is also beautiful and easy to work with. My ability to evaluate and modify the structures as necessary is made very easy in your software.”
– Samir Naimov DSc, University of Plovdiv "Paisii Hilendarski"
- Use NovaFold’s hybrid method of protein structure prediction to yield highly accurate models of any size molecule. This approach first identifies structural fragments by comparing them to a template library, then incorporates both these and the unmatched fragments into the final structure
- Predict ligand binding sites and protein function
- Assess NovaFold prediction quality through support of structure and sequence alignment
- Access NovaFold through Protean 3D's menus and panels, integrating structure prediction with your existing protein analysis work
- Save money on hardware upgrades by harnessing the power of Cloud computing for structure prediction
- Select a term license which allows you to run NovaFold for a predefined period of time, or choose to pay per prediction
- Approximate prediction runtimes are available on our benchmarks page