Lasergene’s Protean helps you predict and display patterns, secondary structural characteristics, and physicochemical properties of protein sequences via its comprehensive suite of protein analysis tools. Protean's simple, elegant graphical user interface can also help you locate antigenic determinants and predict protease digestion patterns. Protean provides you with the tools to easily annotate and export your findings as reports, pictures or tables, and is fully integrated with GenVision, allowing for the creation of publication-quality images of your annotated sequence.
- Analyze protein structure from a diverse selection of methods for secondary structure, hydropathy, antigenicity, amphiphilicity, surface probability and flexibility
- Apply methods for recognizing alpha helix, beta sheet, turns and coil structures
- Predict the presence of post-translational sumoylated sites to assist in the study of a wide range of cellular activities
- Locate patterns and related sequences using Prosite, including pattern searching for biologically significant motifs
- Predict Proteolytic digestion sites and display the recognition sites
- Simulate electrophoretic separation of proteolytic fragments