The information below is provided to assist researchers in preparing grant proposals for funding.
Every year for the last 30 years, more researchers have cited DNASTAR's software in scientific journals than any other sequence analysis software.
These publications span areas of research including virology, cancer research, behavorial sciences, evolution, agriculture, and more.
DNASTAR offers a wide range of software configurations. In addition to the standalone, single user option, users can form a range of different networks or site licenses.
Lasergene Core Suite is a suite of ten applications for use in sequence assembly and analysis of proteins and nucleic acids. The Lasergene Core Suite installer is included with all suite purchases, but its content will vary based on your selected suite.The software is useful in sequence assemblies, alignment of DNA and protein sequences, prediction of protein structure, gene discovery, SNP discovery, reporting and filtering, creation of virtual clones, oligo design, and genomic visualizations.
Unique features of Lasergene Core Suite include:
- Contig alignment
- Phylogenetic analysis
- SNP detection, reporting and filtering
- SNP confirmation
- Multiple methods of alignment standard
- Protein modeling structures
- TA, Gateway, Gatway MultiSite, Directional TOPO and virtual restriction enzyme cloning
- The ability to create publication-quality images of annotated genomes
ArrayStar is an application within Lasergene Genomics Suite for analyzing sequence variation across groups of genomic samples, as well as global gene expression. The software enables you to analyze variants using assembly projects and/or SNP data from SeqMan NGen and SeqMan Pro, or import oligonucleotide microarray and spotted array data to use ArrayStar's microarray functionality. ArrayStar offers statistical tools in conjunction with graphically rich visualizations to isolate gene or SNP sets of interest and identify their biological significance. ArrayStar can also be used in concert with the optional QSeq application to analyze RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, and miRNA data.
Unique features of ArrayStar with QSeq include:
- Multi-sample variation comparisons across genomic data
- QSeq for RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, and miRNA analysis.
- Identify SNPs and genes of interest using dbNSFP, dbSNP, COSMIC and GERP information from SeqMan NGen assemblies or using variant data and annotations from VCF files
- Statistical methods, such as the Fisher's Exact Test and Odds Ratio, to assist with your association studies
- Gene ontology graphics and statistical package for functional associations
- Scatter plot, line graph, heat map and Venn diagram visualizations
- Multiple normalization methods
SeqMan NGen is sequence assembly software that has the ability to assemble any size genome quickly and accurately on a desktop computer. SeqMan NGen assembles data from all major next-gen sequencing platforms, and provides an extremely easy-to-use interface that steps you through your sequence assembly and analysis project. SeqMan NGen is fully integrated with SeqMan Pro, so that once your assembly is complete, you can continue with downstream analysis including discovering SNPs using Bayesian statistical models, identifying large insertions and deletions, evaluating coverage, and annotating your consensus sequence. SeqMan NGen also assembles RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, and miRNA data, allowing easy, integrated, post-assembly analysis in ArrayStar with QSeq of both gene expression and SNP data.
Unique features of SeqMan NGen include:
- Assembly of sequence data from Illumina, Ion Torrent, Roche 454, Pacific Biosciences, or Sanger
- Performs reference-guided alignments and de novo assemblies
- Easy-to-use interface for both simple or complex projects
- Adjustable project parameters are automatically optimized based on data and project type
- Multiple samples can be aligned against a single reference simultaneously for post-assembly SNP comparison between individuals and groups of individuals
- Automated gap closure available for bacterial genome assemblies
- SNP and genotype calling in haploid and diploid organisms performed using Bayesian statistical models
- Depth of coverage graphs and reports, consensus annotation, and contig scaffolding offered for comprehensive project analysis and finishing