SeqBuilder is Lasergene’s flagship application for sequence editing and map creation, as well as for plasmid auto-annotation, automated virtual cloning and primer design. SeqBuilder’s application window allows you to display multiple, interactive, views simultaneously. And, its project management feature enables you to easily find that needle in a haystack sequence file based on name, features, or a snippet of the actual sequence.
- Choose from a variety of cloning methods, including Gateway multisite, Gibson Assembly, GeneArt, InFusion, TA, TOPO and restriction cloning. After the insert and vector (either cataloged or custom) are selected, use the wizard to automatically create the virtual clone.
- Create customized primer pairs near the ends and in the same reading frame as the gene.
- Modify primers by changing their lengths, introducing restriction sites, creating mutations and changing codon usage.
- Create a PCR insert for TA cloning from the PCR product of the current primer pair.
- Quickly and accurately auto-annotate your sequences — either one at a time or as a large batch — using a carefully curated database of features.
- Search for sequence files based on name, features, or a snippet of the sequence.
- Choose restriction sites to display based on the frequency of cuts, type or class, site complexity, or overhang compatibility.
- Translate DNA or back translate protein using the genetic code of your choice.
- Easily import a VNTI database.