DNASTAR's Lasergene Genomics Suite includes de novo sequence assembly software that allows you to quickly and easily perform de novo assemblies using either long or short reads from all major next-gen sequencing platforms. Features of the Lasergene Genomics Suite software include:
- Quick and accurate de novo assembly on a desktop computer
- Assembly of either single-end or paired-end data
- The ability to view contig scaffolds along with the paired sequences that tie the contigs together
- Annotation of gaps in the scaffold consensus
Free TrialRequest Quote
|Lasergene Genomics Suite De Novo Assembly Benchmarks|
|Data Set||Sequence Technology||Number of Reads (K)||Number of Bases (M)||Coverage||ContigN50 (Kbp)||Assembly Time**|
|K-12 E. coli Genome*||Illumina||2,500||250||51X||100||17 Min.|
|"Deep" K-12 E. coli Genome*||Illumina||10,000||4,539||205X||82||1.5 Hrs.|
|K-12 E. coli Genome*||Roche 454||1,075||606||30X||26||18 Min.|
|K-12 E. coli Genome (merge pair data) Data provided by Ion Torrent.
Merged pair data consists of overlapping forward and reverse reads.
SeqMan NGen aligns these reads and merges them into a single consensus.
|Ion Torrent||3,978||387||100X||12||2 Hrs.|
|K-12 E. coli Genome (mate pair data) Data provided by Ion Torrent.||Ion Torrent||7,077||1,826||150X||34||3.5 Hrs.|
|Rodent Transcriptome*||Roche 454||1,064||570||16X||1,199||5.5 Hrs.|
* Data sets for these projects were obtained from NCBI's Short Read Archive.
** Assembly times were calculated using a computer with 4 Disk's in RAID-0.