July 14, 2020 Newsletter – Lasergene 17.1 is Here!
Lasergene 17.1 is here! The latest version of our software is available to download and includes new workflows for batch cloning, multiple sequence alignment and tree creation, sequence assembly, and much more.
Get familiar with Lasergene 17.1 in our upcoming webinars
What’s New in Lasergene 17.1?
Wednesday, July 15 at 11:00 CDT
Learn more about the latest release and watch a live demo of features, including expanded sequence and alignment editing capabilities in MegAlign Pro; enhanced variant reporting and multi-sample sequencing analysis in SeqMan Ultra; new NGS and long read sequence assembly workflows; and much more. This webinar will be presented by Senior Manager of Product Development, Matt Keyser, and Senior Marketing Manager, Katie Maxfield.
Choosing the best assembly strategy for your genomic sequencing data
Wednesday, August 5 at 11:00 CDT
Join us on for an in-depth look at different assembly strategies for genomic sequencing data. This webinar is perfect for learning where to begin with assembly and analysis of whole genome NGS or long read sequencing data. See how to use a closely-related template sequence to guide assembly, as well as how to assemble data without a reference. We’ll also discuss strategies for using Illumina data to “polish” assemblies created using PacBio or Oxford Nanopore data. This webinar will include a live demonstration of the software and a Q&A session.
Learn more about Lasergene 17.1
Lasergene 17.1 offers significant enhancements to our molecular biology, genomics and protein workflows, serving researchers working in a wide variety of fields. New capabilities in Lasergene 17.1 include:
- Updates to MegAlign Pro that include an easy-to-use interface for creating Maximum Likelihood trees and bootstrapping calculations
- Updates to SeqMan Ultra for multiple sample assembly, visualization and variant analysis
- New workflows for de novo genome assembly using PacBio and Oxford Nanopore Technologies (ONT) sequencing data
- New viral-host integration workflow that automatically locates prophage and retrovirus insertion sites in a host genome during alignment
- New data analysis exports for protein sequences and structures
Lasergene 17.1 is available to download today! For more information about updating to Lasergene 17.1 or accessing a free trial, please visit our website.