Lasergene 17.2 is Coming Soon!
New Features and Analysis Options for Multiple Sequence Alignments and Phylogenetic Trees (MegAlign Pro)
- The Distance Table is now more robust and flexible. Now both % Identity and Distance are displayed by default, and we’ve integrated several new statistical options to evaluate for your data. We’ve also added more convenient access to adjust parameters, and a new quick style bar to easily apply statistics and formatting.
- The new Default Layouts feature in this release allows you to have MegAlign Pro open by default with the views arranged the way you prefer, as well as with your style preferences, such as residue color. We’ve made it easy to save multiple layouts, so you can have different default settings for nucleotide and amino acid sequences, for example.
- For phylogenetic trees, we’ve added the ability to sort sequences on the tree by depth or distance, or sort sequences in the alignment to reflect the order of sequences in the tree.
- Our new easy access search feature makes it simple to search and navigate to specific sequences by sequence name.
Updates and Improvements for Sanger Sequence Assemblies (SeqMan Ultra and SeqMan NGen)
- Based on your feedback, we’ve significantly improved the workflow experience for Sanger sequence assemblies by fully integrating SeqMan NGen into SeqMan Ultra. This includes adding a new Unassembled Sequences window to SeqMan Ultra, which allows you to preview and trim trace data prior to assembly.
- We’ve also made vector trimming easier by using our extensive vector database by default. As always, you can also add your own vectors.
- Our new search toolbar makes it simple to search individual sequences or all sequences in your assembly by coverage, name, or specific bases.
- Easily export an image of your assembly for collaboration or publication in PDF, Bitmap, or PPT format.
- We’ve added a new Majority Consensus Track to make it easier to compare the Majority method to our proprietary and more accurate Trace Consensus caller.
- We’ve also added a new Reference Track to avoid confusion that sometimes happens with differing coordinates between the reference and consensus sequence.
- Conveniently manage and access all of your recent assemblies from the new Jobs panel.
Updates and Improvements for NGS Assembly and Analysis (Lasergene Genomics)
- Based on your feedback, we’ve fully integrated SeqMan NGen into SeqMan Ultra for NGS assemblies so that you can go from our streamlined project setup to finished assembly all in one application. You can still set up your project directly in SeqMan NGen, if you prefer.
- Our Variant Annotation Database, included in Lasergene Genomics, is now integrated with Mastermind, the comprehensive database of genomic literature from Genomenon. With this integration, Lasergene users can now quickly and easily search and cross-reference NGS variant data from millions of PubMed publications.
- We’ve also updated our comprehensive Variant Annotation Database to include allele and gene frequencies.
- A new unzipping tool has been incorporated into SeqMan NGen so that your zipped .fastq input files are conveniently converted automatically.
- Conveniently manage and access all of your recent assemblies from the new Jobs panel in SeqMan Ultra.