As an alternative to the traditional method of installing standalone or network client software, you can use the Windows command prompt to perform the installation “silently”:
- Download the standalone/client installer DNASTARLasergene’x‘WinInstaller.exe (where ‘x’ represents the version number).
- (network installation only) Move the standalone/client installer into the _LasergeneClient’x’_folder that was created during License Server installation. Then copy the entire folder to the desktop of the client machine.
- On the machine where the standalone/client software will be installed, open a command prompt.
- Drag the installer executable into the command prompt to add the path. After the path, type a space, then add this text:
--mode unattended --dnastarProductKey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
In place of the “x’s,” use the alphanumeric string from the My Licenses page of the DNASTAR website.
--mode unattended --dnastarServerIP xx.xx.x.xxx
In place of the “x’s,” use the IP address specified in the _LasergeneClient’x’_folder.
C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\DNASTARLasergene150aWinInstaller.exe --mode unattended --dnastarServerIP 126.96.36.1995
- Press Enter. If a security warning appears, choose Yes.
Open a command prompt and run the following command:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\DNASTAR\Uninstall Lasergene ‘x’.exe” --mode unattended
… where ‘x’ represents the version number.
Need more help with this?