As an alternative to traditional License Server installation, you may also install the DNASTAR License Server from the Macintosh Terminal:
- Download the network installer executable DNASTAR’x‘LicenseServerMacInstaller.dmg (where ‘x’ denotes the version number).
- Double-click on the disk image (.dmg) to open a window containing the installer app (.app).
- On the network host machine, open the Terminal.
- Right-click on the installer app and choose Show Package Contents. Open the Contents directory and then the MacOS directory. Drag the file installbuilder.sh into the Terminal to add the path. After the path, type a space and the following text:
--mode unattended --dnastarProductKey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
In place of the “x’s,” use the alphanumeric string from the My Licenses page of the DNASTAR website.
/Volumes/DNASTAR\ License\ Server/DNASTAR\ 15.0.0\ License\ Server\ Mac\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh --mode unattended --dnastarProductKey xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Press Enter. If a security warning appears, choose Yes.
A folder named LasergeneClient’x’ will appear on the desktop. This folder contains the .lshost files you will need to set up the clients.
Need more help with this?