The Feature Library Manager can be used to specify how to display particular features or groups of features when auto-annotating plasmids/vectors in the Annotation Results window. This tutorial shows how to specify a particular style for displaying all CDS features, but can be adapted to design style sets for any individual feature or group of features in the Feature Library Manager.
- Choose Features > Feature Library Manager.
- In the Search bar on the top left, type in CDS and press Return/Enter on your keyboard. All non-CDS features will be removed from the Feature list below the search bar.
- Select all items remaining in the Feature list (i.e., the CDS features) by clicking on the first feature on the list, and then Shift+clicking on the last feature.
- Click on the Style tool at the top right of the window ( ) to open the Style pane.
The feature is currently displayed as:
- Change the Line and Fill colors to lilac by clicking on the corresponding color boxes. Change the Weight to 8, and change the Shape to Stroked Arrow. Specify a Label position of Inside.
The feature is now displayed as:
- Press the ‘x’ in the top corner of the window to close it. When prompted to save, choose Yes.
- Follow the steps in Perform the auto-annotation procedure. CDS features will preserve the style formatting set up in the steps above.
Need more help with this?