In this part of the tutorial, you will open a histone DNA sequence from NCBI’s Entrez database. In order to complete this tutorial, your computer must be connected to the Internet.
- Select File > Open Entrez Sequence. The Open Entrez dialog appears.
- Under Enter Sequence ID or Locus Name, enter X05543.1, which is the sequence’s “accession.version” number.
- Keep the drop-down menu default selection of Nucleotide and click OK.
- Select a location to store the sequence and click Save to open the sequence as a SeqBuilder Pro document.
- (optional) Use File > Save to save the sequence. The sequence is used in the tutorial Try it! – Find restriction sites on either side of a feature.
Need more help with this?