Lasergene Genomics provides everything you need for assembly and analysis of genomic, metagenomic, exomes/gene panels and transcriptomic sequencing data, and supports all popular file formats.
Most workflows will start with sequence assembly in SeqMan NGen. SeqMan NGen supports both de novo and reference-guided (templated) workflows on all major sequencing platforms (Sanger, Illumina, Ion Torrent, and Pacific Biosciences). SeqMan NGen supports reference-guided assemblies of billions of sequence reads and de novo assemblies of up to 30 million sequence reads (genome sizes up to 50 megabases).Small assemblies can be done entirely on a local computer, but most assemblies are best done using DNASTAR Cloud Assembly.
If you’re new to SeqMan NGen or want to try a different workflow than usual, we recommend following these steps:
- Decide whether the assembly can be done locally or whether it calls for Cloud Assembly. If your computer cannot meet the minimum technical requirements to run the workflow from your local computer, Cloud Assembly is an excellent option.
- Follow the corresponding tutorial. Each tutorial instructs local users how to download the tutorial data from our website. Cloud users do not need to download the data, as it is automatically available in the Cloud Data Drive.
Once you start setting up assemblies using your own data, you can then return to this User Guide if you need detailed information on preparing input files, creating and running an assembly, and viewing the Assembly Report.
These support pages contain written help and tutorials, as well as video tutorials.
- For help INSTALLING Lasergene, see our separate Installation Guide.
- To access WRITTEN TUTORIALS with sample data, see Try It! – SeqMan NGen Wizard tutorials.
- Click here for a list of all topics that include VIDEOS.
- To PRINT the current page of the User Guide, click the printer icon in the top right corner ().
- To download a PDF of the entire User Guide, scroll to the bottom of the table of contents on the left, and press Download as PDF.
Need more help with this?