Lasergene Genomics Suite's variant analysis software provides tools to simplify the discovery and analysis of variants in multiplexed data generated by all major next-gen sequencing platforms including Roche 454, Illumina, Ion Torrent, and Pacific Biosciences. Our variant analysis software enables you to:
- Quickly and easily assemble large data sets from all major next-gen technologies on a desktop computer—check out our benchmarks below
- Perform variant analysis for a variety of project types, including whole genome sequencing, exome and targeted sequencing, gene panels, and RNA-Seq
- Utilize DNASTAR's new human variant annotation database, which bundles together data from dbNSFP as well as 1000 Genomes and ESP's Exome Variant Server
- Analyze variants using live, interactive views and comprehensive filtering tools
- Perform large-scale comparisons of variants across individuals and groups of indivduals, and determine the level of disruption to each gene caused by the variants present
For a more in-depth look at using using Lasergene Genomics Suite software for variant analysis, also see the following video:
Using the Variant Annotation Database for Human Samples (5:46)
Lasergene Genomics Suite Reference-Guided Genome Alignment Benchmarks for Variant Analysis
|Human Genome*||Illumina||Hg19+dbSNP||3,101||3,523||112,738||32||36X||23 Hrs.|
|8 Human Exomes* (multiplex)||Illumina||Hg19+dbSNP||27||1,268||12,047||76||446X||14 Hrs.|
|Human Exome*||Illumina||Hg19+dbSNP||27||163||12,390||76||459X||2 Hrs.|
|Ion AmpliSeq™ Cancer Panel (3 multiplexed data sets)Data provided by Ion Torrent.||Ion Torrent||Hg19+dbSNP||3,101||3||99||85||500X||24 Min.|
|Fluidigm® Access Array System (2 multiplexed data sets)Data provided by Pacific Biosciences.||Pac Bio||Fluidigm human amplicons||0.1||< 1||7||180||500X||1 Min.|
*Data sets for these projects were obtained from NCBI's Short Read Archive.
** Assembly times were calculated using a computer with a 4 Disk RAID-0.