Lasergene Genomics provides everything you need for assembly and analysis of genomic, metagenomic, exomes/gene panels and transcriptomic sequencing data, and supports all popular file formats. Most workflows will start with sequence assembly in SeqMan NGen.
SeqMan NGen supports both de novo and reference-guided (templated) workflows on all major sequencing platforms (Sanger, Illumina, Ion Torrent, and Pacific Biosciences). SeqMan NGen supports reference-guided assemblies of billions of sequence reads and de novo assemblies of up to 30 million sequence reads (genome sizes up to 50 megabases).
- (optional) If you will be performing a Cloud Assembly, upload any necessary data files to the DNASTAR Cloud Data Drive.
- Launch SeqMan NGen by doing either of the following:
- Use the Start button (Win) or Application folder (Mac) to choose SeqMan NGen. SeqMan NGen launches at the Welcome screen, from which you can choose New Assembly or Manage Assemblies.
- From the DNASTAR Navigator, activate the Genomics or Transcriptomics tabs, then choose a workflow with the SeqMan NGen logo (). This will launch SeqMan NGen at the Workflow screen with the corresponding workflow already selected.
(In the rare case that SeqMan NGen fails to launch, see this troubleshooting topic.)
- In the Workflow screen, select the workflow of interest. The rest of the wizard will be pre-populated for the workflow you chose.
- Proceed through the wizard screens making any desired changes. Since the default parameters have already been optimized for the selected workflow, you can usually proceed quickly through the screens, stopping only to browse to the locations of input files when prompted. To get help for a wizard screen, press the question mark at the bottom left of the screen.
- When you reach the last screen, press the Assemble button.
- Once the assembly is finished, a button may be provided for launching SeqMan Ultra or ArrayStar. Push the button to start performing downstream analysis of your results.
- For help INSTALLING Lasergene, see our separate Installation Guide.
- To PRINT the current page of the User Guide, click the printer icon in the top right corner ().
- To download a PDF of the entire User Guide, scroll to the bottom of the table of contents on the left, and press Download as PDF.
Need more help with this?