SeqBuilder Pro lets you view the translation for part or all of an open nucleotide sequence or create a new protein sequence based on the translation of a nucleotide sequence.
After displaying a translation, you can modify it as follows:
- To hide a translation strand, right-click on it and choose Hide Translation Strand.
- To create a translation for only the selected portion of the sequence, in the Sequence view, click on the Translations and ORFs tool () and choose Create Translation. Type a name and press OK.
- To control the display and numbering of the translation, use the Translations table located in the Settings panel.
- To toggle between displaying amino acids as 1- or 3-letter codes, choose Sequence > Translation Display > Three Letter Code or Sequence > Translation Display > One Letter Code.
- To create a new protein sequence from one nucleotide sequence, see Create a New Sequence.
- To create new protein sequences from multiple nucleotide sequences simultaneously, see Create translations of multiple sequences
The following video provides a brief walkthrough of translation in SeqBuilder Pro.
Need more help with this?