A sequence expression describes a sequence or a set of sequences. Sequence expressions include:
- A sequence filename, a literal sequence, or a variable representing the value of a sequence expression.
- A reference to a single sequence in a multi-sequence file by path/name, name or number.
- A fragment (subrange) of a sequence, where each coordinate is specified by a “site expression” (also see Integral Expressions).
- A concatenation of sequence expressions.
- A function of a sequence expression, such as complement, cut, extract or translate.
Need more help with this?
Thanks for your feedback.