If a single sequence has been selected in any view, the Details panel may contain a subset of the following information:
||The default name, if present, appears in blue above ‘Organism.’
- Organism – The organism from which the sequence originated, if available.
- Description – A description of the selected sequence, if available.
- Sequence type – DNA, RNA, or Protein.
- Nucleotides/Residues – Number of nucleotides or residues in the selected sequence.
- Accession number – The NCBI accession number of the selected sequence.
- Sequence shape – Linear, Circular, or Unknown.
- Sequence version – The NCBI version number (the part following the decimal after the accession number).
- Data specification – The name of the sequence file and the “sequence name within the file,” followed by the file extension.
- Data file time – The time the sequence file was created or modified.
- Data file path – The path to the original sequence file on your computer.