- Use the <select> drop-down menu to choose a filter type, then enter the desired options.
|Accession||The Accession number.|
|Description||The NCBI “Definition” field text.|
|Score||The similarity score for the match. (See the NCBI definition for raw score). In general, a higher score denotes a better match.|
|E-value||The chance that the match is expected to occur coincidentally. (See the NCBI definition for E value). In general, a lower score denotes a better match.|
|% Coverage|| The percentage of the query sequence that aligns to a match in the BLAST database.
Example: Query has 596 bases, of which 565 align to a match in the NCBI database. %Coverage = 565/596 = 95%.
|% Identity|| The percentage of bases that match when the query and result sequence are aligned. (NCBI definition).
Example: Query has 565 bases that align to the match and 3 bases that don’t match. %Identity = 562/565 = 99.5%.
- To add another filter, press the plus icon (). To delete a filter row, press the minus icon ().
- Once you have set up all desired queries, go to the top of the dialog and choose whether to Match all of the following or Match any of the following queries.
Once you are finished setting up filters, do any of the following:
- To apply the filters, press Apply or Filter.
- To clear all filters and start over, press Clear.
- To exit the dialog without filtering, press Close.
Need more help with this?
Thanks for your feedback.