The Translation track can be displayed in the Alignment view header, if desired. To display the track, you must check the Alignment header > Consensus translation box in the Tracks panel and also click the associated plus sign (if any) in the Alignment view header.
Consensus translation track conventions are as follows:
- Stop codons are represented by dots.
- Translations are not displayed for incomplete codons.
- Translation frames 4-6 are counted from the right end (the 3’ end of the bottom strand).
- For purposes of translation, alignments are assumed to be linear.
To learn how to access the options section for this track, see Tracks.
- Use the upper drop-down menu to choose from a variety of NCBI and Lasergene translation codes.
- Put checkmarks next to the reading frames you wish to display, and remove checkmarks from those you do not wish to display. Click All Reading Frames to show or hide all reading frames. Click Top Strand or Bottom Strand to show or hide all the reading frames on that strand.
- Use the left-hand drop-down menu to choose between One-letter or Three-letter amino acid abbreviations.
- Use the right-hand drop-down menu to choose between Uppercase and Lowercase letters.
Click if you wish to return to the default values.
Need more help with this?