- If you have not yet downloaded and extracted the tutorial data, click here to download it. Then decompress (unzip) the file archive using the method of your choice.
- In Protean 3D, use File > Open to open the protein sequence file Protean 3D Data/Human Calmodulin.pro. The Analysis view opens with some tracks already applied by default.
- To see a list of the applied tracks, open the Tracks panel using View > Tracks > Tracks.
- Maximize the Analysis view by clicking its Change layout tool and choosing One ().
The Protean 3D document now appears as follows:
- In the Tracks panel, click the expand arrows to the left of some tracks to reveal their sub-tracks:
- Add the Garnier-Robson track to the Analysis view by checking the box to its left.
- Reorder the tracks so the first three tracks are Garnier-Robson, Chou-Fasman and Flexibility-Karplus-Schulz. This is done within the Analysis view by double-clicking on each track synopsis, and then dragging & dropping it at the desired location.
Proceed to Part B: Compare results from two tracks.
Need more help with this?
Thanks for your feedback.