Webinar: Mastering Phylogenetic Tree Creation & Optimization with MegAlign Pro
In this webinar, Brian Walsh PhD (DNASTAR Sales Manager and Scientific Lead for MegAlign Pro) demonstrates MegAlign Pro’s new features in the Lasergene 17.2 and 17.2.1 releases, including how to:
- Reroot a tree on a selected branch or for the most balanced appearance.
- Organize sequences on the phylogenetic tree by depth or distance… or to sort sequences in the alignment to reflect the order of sequences in the tree.
- Apply attention-grabbing colors and drawing styles to prepare your tree for publication or presentation.
- Use bootstrap analysis when computing a tree.
- Choose and display a wide variety of distance metrics on the Distance Table, including the much-requested “% Identity” metric.
- Optimize styles and layouts, then save and apply them to future projects.
- Search for and navigate to specific sequences by name.
- Save time by using the new quick-access tools in each MegAlign Pro view.