DNASTAR, Inc. is a global software company headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin that has been meeting the needs of life scientists for over 37 years. We create best-in-class analysis software to help researchers in the diverse fields of molecular biology, structural biology, and genomics to achieve their research objectives.
Business Development Representative
(B2B Inside Sales)
We are looking for a motivated B2B Inside Sales Representative to join our sales team. This person will be responsible for developing relationships with new leads, communicating with customers, understanding customer needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process.
Location: This position can be remote within the U.S.
B2B Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information as needed.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Demonstrating features of products and services to prospects.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Upselling products and services.
- Researching and qualifying inbound leads.
- Identifying new leads and managing outbound sales initiatives.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
- Understanding complex user needs for bioinformatics software and molecular biology workflows, and communicating feedback and questions to sales, marketing, and development teams.
B2B Inside Sales Representative Qualifications:
- Associate degree; or high school/general education diploma and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ year of demonstrable success (quota achievement, customer satisfaction, etc.) preferred.
- Experience working in a biotech or life sciences field strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in an outbound call center or a related sales position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as Salesforce.com.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to effectively convey concepts in a clear, concise and professional manner through telephone, video-conferencing, email, and face-to-face interactions.
- Ability to hit quarterly sales and lead qualification targets.
DNASTAR offers competitive health, dental, disability and 401k benefits. All positions are located in Madison, Wisconsin, which has been ranked as:
- One of the “most livable cities in America” (Forbes, 2015)
- One of the “Top 10 Happiest cities in the world” (National Geographic, 2015)
- The “Greenest” city in America (National Geographic, 2018), with more parks per resident than any other city on earth.
- One of only five cities in America to be declared “Platinum Bike Friendly.”
DNASTAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.