DNASTAR, Inc. is a global software company headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin that has been meeting the needs of life scientists for nearly 40 years. We create best-in-class analysis software to help researchers in the diverse fields of molecular biology, structural biology, and genomics to achieve their research objectives.
IT Systems Administrator
We are looking for a qualified IT Systems Administrator that will install and maintain computer systems and networks at DNASTAR, and at our sister company, Scarab Genomics. The purpose of this position is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology in business sustainability for both companies. The IT Systems Administrator is also responsible for training users of the systems to make appropriate and safe use of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Systems Administrator must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, in addition to a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
Location: Madison, WI
IT Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Maintain computer hardware /network equipment to ensure functionality.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
IT Systems Administrator Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as IT Systems Administrator or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Working knowledge of modern internet security and data privacy principles
- An associate degree or higher in a computer related field
- Must own a vehicle and be able to drive between two companies to support employees at both locations in Madison, WI
- Certification as IT Technician preferred (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
DNASTAR offers competitive health, dental, disability and 401k benefits. All positions are located in Madison, Wisconsin, which has been ranked as:
- One of the “most livable cities in America” (Forbes, 2015)
- One of the “Top 10 Happiest cities in the world” (National Geographic, 2015)
- The “Greenest” city in America (National Geographic, 2018), with more parks per resident than any other city on earth.
- One of only five cities in America to be declared “Platinum Bike Friendly.”
DNASTAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.