DNASTAR, Inc. is a global software company headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin that has been meeting the needs of life scientists for over 37 years. We create best-in-class analysis software to help researchers in the diverse fields of molecular biology, structural biology, and genomics to achieve their research objectives.
Inside Sales Representative
We are looking for a motivated inside sales representative to join our sales team. The inside sales representative will be responsible for developing relationships with new leads, communicating with customers, understanding customer needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process. You should be able to close sales and meet targets.
To be successful as an inside sales representative, you should be able to build instant rapport and achieve customer satisfaction. A top inside sales representative should also be very competitive and a good listener.
Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information per email.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services to prospects.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to effectively convey concepts in a clear, concise and professional manner through telephone, video-conferencing, email, and face-to-face interactions.
- Adaptable and open to change; able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while demonstrating ability to manage workload and priorities independently, productively, and proactively.
- Upselling products and services.
- Researching and qualifying inbound leads.
- Identifying new leads and managing outbound sales initiatives.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
- Ability to understand complex user needs for bioinformatics software and molecular biology workflows, and communicate prospect and customer feedback and questions to sales, marketing and development teams.
- Diligent record-keeping and data entry to support sales and marketing processes and automation.
Inside Sales Representative Qualifications:
- Associate degree; or high school/general education diploma and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ year of demonstrable success (quota achievement, customer satisfaction, etc.) preferred.
- Experience working in a biotech or life sciences field strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in an outbound call center or a related sales position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as Salesforce.com.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent phone and cold calling skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong listening and sales skills.
- Ability to hit quarterly sales and lead qualification targets.
DNASTAR offers competitive health, dental, disability and 401k benefits. All positions are located in Madison, Wisconsin, which has been ranked as:
- One of the “most livable cities in America” (Forbes, 2015)
- One of the “Top 10 Happiest cities in the world” (National Geographic, 2015)
- The “Greenest” city in America (National Geographic, 2018), with more parks per resident than any other city on earth.
- One of only five cities in America to be declared “Platinum Bike Friendly.”
DNASTAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.