The complete protein sequence and PDB structure analysis software.
Lasergene Protein is our software tool created specifically for protein biologists, as well as molecular biologists interested in exploring protein structure. Start with a protein sequence file to predict structures or analyze function. Or open a structure file, including those from PDB, to visualize the macromolecular structure, motion and function. Lasergene Protein includes Protean 3D for protein analysis and design, as well as access to our Nova Applications for protein structure prediction and modeling. You can also take advantage of our cloud computing resources by running protein predictions though NovaCloud. Discover today how DNASTAR can support your protein research.
Motion library with nearly 400 animated conformational changes
Included Applications and Features
Applications Included with Lasergene Protein
Additional Applications for Lasergene Protein
Each purchase of Lasergene Protein includes five free predictions for each of our Nova applications, our suite of cloud-based products for protein modeling. These applications generate highly accurate structural models of both proteins and protein-protein complexes that are unattainable through standard modeling methodologies. Learn more about our Nova Applications.
• Model 3D protein structures, including those from PDB files, starting with a protein sequence, using NovaFold
• Predict protein function, ligand binding sites, and enzyme activity
• Design proteins to improve fold stability and developability
• Align (superimpose) entire structures or selected regions
• View RMSD values for aligned regions
• Align experimental structures with predicted structure models
• Predict B-cell epitopes
• Create molecular and solvent accessible surfaces to visualize predicted epitopes
• View confidence scores for predicted antigenic regions
• Integrated views and analysis methods (such as amphiphilicity and hydrophobicity) for sequence, secondary structure, and tertiary structure
• Predict secondary structure characteristics
• Study the effects of site-directed mutagenesis
• Export publication quality graphics
• Edit, annotate and export PDB and mmCIF files