The Places panel and the GenVision Pro navigation tools work together so you can quickly navigate to a chromosome or sequence range that you have visited before.
To open this panel, do either of the following:
- Click on the Places tab ().
- Use the View > Places > Places command.
This panel consists of two or three expandable sections:
- Recent lists all locations that you visited after performing a search using GenVision Pro’s navigation tools.
- Received lists data exported to GenVision Pro from ArrayStar (e.g. from ArrayStar’s Gene or SNP Tables) using the File > Send Selection To > GenVision Pro command. If the GenVision Pro session does not contain items exported from ArrayStar, the Received section is disabled.
- Favorites is similar to the bookmarks folder for a web browser. It contains a list of previously-visited locations that you have decided you may wish to visit again.
The following video shows the Places panel in action in another DNASTAR application, MegAlign Pro:
Need more help with this?