SeqBuilder Pro lets you view the translation for part or all of an open nucleotide sequence or create a new protein sequence based on the translation of a nucleotide sequence.
After displaying a translation, you can modify it as follows:
- To hide a translation strand, right-click on it and choose Hide Translation Strand.
- To create a translation for only the selected portion of the sequence, in the Sequence view, click on the Translations and ORFs tool () and choose Create Translation. Type a name and press OK.
- To control the display and numbering of the translation, use the Translations table located in the Settings panel.
- To toggle between displaying amino acids as 1- or 3-letter codes, choose Sequence > Translation Display > Three Letter Code or Sequence > Translation Display > One Letter Code.
- To create a new protein sequence from one nucleotide sequence, see Create a New Sequence.
- To create new protein sequences from multiple nucleotide sequences simultaneously, see Create translations of multiple sequences
See the topics Choose the genetic code and Modify the genetic code.
The following video provides a brief walkthrough of translation in SeqBuilder Pro.
Need more help with this?
Thanks for your feedback.