DNASTAR's Lasergene Genomics Suite includes de novo sequence assembly software that allows you to quickly and easily perform de novo genome assemblies using either long or short reads from all major next-gen sequencing platforms. Features of the Lasergene Genomics Suite software include:
- Quick and accurate de novo genome assembly on a desktop computer
- Assembly of either single-end or paired-end genomic data
- The ability to view contig scaffolds along with the paired sequences that tie the contigs together
- Annotation of gaps in the scaffold consensus
Free TrialBuy Now
|Lasergene Genomics Suite De Novo Genome Assembly Benchmarks|
|Data Set||Sequence Technology||Number of Reads (K)||Number of Bases (M)||Coverage||ContigN50 (Kbp)||Assembly Time**|
|K-12 E. coli Genome*||Illumina||2,500||250||51X||100||17 Min.|
|"Deep" K-12 E. coli Genome*||Illumina||10,000||4,539||205X||82||1.5 Hrs.|
|K-12 E. coli Genome*||Roche 454||1,075||606||30X||26||18 Min.|
|K-12 E. coli Genome (merge pair data) Data provided by Ion Torrent.
Merged pair data consists of overlapping forward and reverse reads.
SeqMan NGen aligns these reads and merges them into a single consensus.
|Ion Torrent||3,978||387||100X||12||2 Hrs.|
|K-12 E. coli Genome (mate pair data) Data provided by Ion Torrent.||Ion Torrent||7,077||1,826||150X||34||3.5 Hrs.|
|Rodent Transcriptome*||Roche 454||1,064||570||16X||1,199||5.5 Hrs.|
* Data sets for these projects were obtained from NCBI's Short Read Archive.
** Assembly times were calculated using a computer with 4 Disk's in RAID-0.