Lasergene 16 Release Notes
Lasergene 16 is now available to download! Here’s what’s new in this release:
- A new protein design workflow to help you identify important residues that contribute to protein fold stability with the ability to scan for hot-spot residues using serine and alanine scanning.
- An enhanced PCR site-directed mutagenesis workflow which allows you to see the impact of a sequence mutation on the structure of a protein before designing your primers for cloning – reducing failed mutagenesis experiments with in silico predictions and primers that work! Create PCR primer pairs at the exact desired location with respect to features and translational frames and easily modify triplet codons within primers to introduce the desired mutations.
- We’ve enhanced NovaFold protein structure predictions with improved bond geometries and reduced atomic clashes, creating energetically minimized structure models. This builds on the foundational I-TASSER algorithms in NovaFold, and means you can now get even more accurate structure models from your protein sequence data. What’s more, you can now access NovaFold for protein structure prediction, as well as NovaDock and NovaFold Antibody with a free trial of Lasergene. And purchased licenses of Lasergene Protein and DNASTAR Lasergene include 5 free protein structure predictions using the application of your choice!
- New online search functionality in MegAlign Pro and Protean 3D, including enhanced results analysis, more intelligent searches, and advanced filters, allowing you to quickly locate and add relevant sequences from NCBI’s BLAST and Entrez databases to your projects.
- We’ve completely overhauled DNASTAR Navigator to make it easier and faster to get to the software you need for your workflow – from cloning and primer design to genome assembly and protein modeling – we’ve got you covered!
- Three of our older applications have been retired: EditSeq, MegAlign, and PrimerSelect. Not to worry though, the functionality from those applications can now be accessed using MegAlign Pro and SeqBuilder Pro. We know change can be hard, so we made this handy little guide to walk you through the transition.
- Several minor bug fixes and enhancements in all applications.
Join us for a free webinar on July 31st to see a demo of the new features in Lasergene 16.