Lasergene 17.4.1 is now available to download.
This release provides significant enhancements and updates for multiple sequence alignments in MegAlign Pro, and numerous bug fixes in SeqBuilder Pro and SeqMan Ultra, including addressing a compatibility issue with SeqBuilder Pro running on macOS Ventura.
Enhancements and updates for multiple sequence alignments include:
- New variant analysis capabilities for viral, mitochondrial, and chloroplast genomes.
- Details about the variants in your alignment, including position, feature, impact, and translation changes, can be analyzed and evaluated in a new tabular view. (Figure 1.)
- Specify a reference sequence before or after alignment, for visual comparison, mapping features, and computing variants. (Figure 2.)
- New option in Preferences to hide specified features by default.
- A fix for a compatibility issue with SeqBuilder Pro running on macOS Ventura.
- Support for importing Serial Cloner files in SeqBuilder Pro.
- More accessible quality trimming options for Sanger/ABI trace files in SeqMan Ultra.
- Improved trace file previewing in SeqMan Ultra.
- Additional bug fixes in both SeqBuilder Pro and SeqMan Ultra.