Protean 3D is Lasergene’s application for exploring macromolecular structure, motion, and function. Rich, synchronized graphical views allow you to see the 3D molecular structure, the annotated sequence, and the analysis of applied prediction methods simultaneously, enabling easy identification and analysis of secondary structure elements.
Protean 3D also provides access to the Motion Library, where you can browse and search over 300 animated and annotated macromolecular conformational changes, and as the user interface for NovaFold (protein structure prediction), NovaFold Antibody (antibody structure prediction) and NovaDock (protein-protein docking).
The following video is a brief walk-through of the Protean 3D application.
These support pages contain written help and tutorials, as well as video tutorials.
- For help INSTALLING Lasergene, see our separate Installation Guide.
- Click here to view a list all WRITTEN TUTORIALS, or find a topic of interest in the table of contents, and look for subtopics that begin with the words “Try It!”.
- Click here to list all topics with VIDEOS. Topics discussing “videos” in relation to Protean 3D will also show up in this search.
- To PRINT the current page of the User Guide, click the printer icon in the top right corner ().
- To download a PDF of the entire User Guide, scroll to the bottom of the table of contents on the left, and press Download as PDF.